PIKO NYC 0-6-0 Loco & Tender 6906, with Sound and Smoke
Steam Loco with:
• Directional LED Lights
• 5-Volt Smoke
• Metal Tender Wheels
• Spectacular Digital Sound Systems!
Experience full-feature sound on Analog DC as well as Digital/DCC.
New Steam Locos with Incredible Digital Sound
• High-Volume 3-Watt Digital Steam Sound System
• Sound Volume Control and Smoke On/Off Switch
• Heavy Weight for Pulling Power
• Powerful, Precision Can Motor
• All Metal Wheels with Hard Chrome-Nickel Plated Finish
• 5-Volt Smoke Unit Operates Well Even at Low Speed
• Bright, Directional LED Lights
• Ball-Bearings on Geared Driver Axles
• 8-Point Electrical Pickup for Reliable Contact
• Full-Feature Operation on Either DC or Digital/DCC
About the Sound System
The heart of this loco is a state-of-the-art high-quality digital steam sound decoder developed exclusively for PIKO by SoundTraxx®. This sound decoder is "dual mode", enabling enjoyment of the model's numerous sophisticated features on either Analog DC or Digital / DCC operation. The sound decoder senses which kind of power is being supplied to it and responds automatically, with no switches to throw or connections to change.
Sound System Effects
The sound system reproduces the real sounds of a steam locomotive with digital clarity. The system includes numerous sound effects. All effects are polyphonic, meaning they can all operate at the same time with no loss of sound quality or volume. On Analog DC operation, these effects are automatic, plus bell and grade crossing whistle signals can also be triggered by track magnets, such as PIKO #35268. On Digital / DCC operation, individual effects are either automatic or controlled by the user.
• Steam Exhaust Chuff
• Whistle - Proper forward, reverse, stop and grade crossing whistle signals
5V Smoke. Dual-Mode Sound Decoder. Full functions on DC or DCC.